Monday, April 24, 2006

La

OK, la, the Chinese in Malaysia, la, use the word "la" at the end of a sentence, la, or phrase, la.

It drives me nuts, la!

When I ask them, la, why do you put "la" at the end of your sentence, la, they don't even know what I 'm talking about, la. They're not even aware they're doing it, la.

Sister #1 has a son whose name is La so I asked her this morning at breakfast, when you call your son do you say "La la"? She just looked at me puzzled not knowing what I was talking about. I was cracking up on the inside. It's a big joke to me.

If you're listening to someone talk you must also say "Haa" once in a while to indicate you agree or you are listening so if I'm speaking to you, it might sound like this ...

me: I just got back form this long ride ...
you: haa
me: ... and it was really hot!
you: haa haa
me: I had a flat tire ...
you: haa
me: ... but I was able to repair it.
you: haa haa

I cannot even pronounce "haa" correctly so when I point out they are doing it, again, they have no idea what I'm talking about. Haa, La.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home