Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sweat

I like the fall weather in New Jersey because it's cool outside and you can exercise and push yourself hard and not sweat.

Here in Penang Malaysia, I step outside my air-conditioned room and I begin sweating immediately. I just returned from a 20 minute leisure bike ride and I'm dripping in sweat.

When I go on long all day bike rides I bring two dry shirts and a bag to put my wet sweaty shirts in. A wet shirt holds in the heat better. It sticks to your skin and doesn't allow air to flow thru to cool you. When you change from a sweat drenched shirt to a dry one you immediately feel much cooler.

On a long ride I can sweat out 4 liters (1 gallon) of water!

I miss the dry air of Arizona where you would stay cool even at 100 degrees (37 Celsius). When you step out of a pool you're freezing cold because of the rapid rate of evaporation.

Ultimately I'd like to live where there are no extremes hot and cold, dry and humid. I just want nice weather. I just want to be comfortable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Why don't u get a coolmax-type shirt that wicks the sweat off your body while you cycle or run?

As for places with moderate climates; San Diego often gets the highest marks for that.

Sat Apr 22, 09:01:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home