Sunday, January 22, 2006

Big & Tall

I buy my clothes at the Big & Tall store here in Malaysia. I have a 42 waist but the largest average size is 38. In USA I like XXL t-shirts. Here the same size is called XXXXL or Sumo Size. The same goes for my underwear which is size XXXXL in Malaysia. I wear a size 12 or 13 shoe. The largest average size they carry here is size 10.

They had a good laugh at the Big & Tall shop when I told them that their clothes were average sized in USA and the USA has Big & Tall shops with even bigger clothes!

It must be hard for a D-cup woman to find bras in Malaysia. Asian women typically have A or B cup bras. C is considered big here. I know that bra sizes are not standardized world-wide. What some countries call a D, DD, DDD and DDDD or referred to as D, E, F and G in other countries. And to confuse things there are EE and FF sizes. C in Asia is different from a C in USA which is different from a C in Europe.

I'm just happy that I'm not bigger and taller. If I was, I'd have to special order my clothes from the USA like I did my bicycle frame. I could not find a bike long enough for me here and I tried over a dozen bike shops including some really good ones. Finally I special ordered a frame from USA and it fits. I'm not sure who is going to want it after I leave.

I constantly feel to big for this country. The bus seats are not big enough for me. The chairs are too small. I have to duck my head coming down stairs sometimes or I'll hit my head. Cars are too small for me. The list goes on and on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home