Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Pirate Story

I was at the mall yesterday shopping for a Pirate version of Visual Studio.NET 2005 Professional Edition. The actual version cost $800 but I could probably buy it on eBay for $300 but I a pirated version may cost $25 and right now I'm unemployed and I need Visual Studio.NET 2005.

As I was browsing thru the "Visual Studio" section the lights went out and suddenly everyone in the store quickly walked out. The vertical sliding metal gate was quickly shut to close the shop and lock it and the people running the store quickly blended in with the crowd.

A raid was on!

All around me stores were closing. Kelly and I walked around and there wasn't a single software store open but 20 minutes later we walked by the first store we were in and they were just opening the gate and turning the lights back on so we were the first to enter. Unfortunately the latest version they had was 2003 and I need 2005.

The other stores eventually opened and I went to each of them but they all had identical content. They must all go to the same supplier. All had 2003 but none had 2005.

I saw a lot of free Software for sale too. I saw various browsers like Opera, Netscape and even IE for sale. I also saw Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition for sale which is what I'm using now except I downloaded it for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home