Sunday, September 17, 2006

No Rice Day 23 of 30

I've quite enjoyed not eating rice. I much prefer a sandwich or noodles over rice anyway. The only drawback has been buying my own food. It takes time to go shopping since I have to ride my bike 45 minutes to the nearest decent supermarket. It also cost more money since I'm not eating the food provided by the family.

I've decided to go beyond 30 days and end my "rice fast" on my birthday September 29. I will actually be in Bangkok Thailand from September 28 to October 2. I will finally get to visit my e-friends Sri and Pim Pim. I'm visiting Bangkok because I have to leave the country every 3 months because my visitor pass will expire.

I'm looking forward to trying a dish you can only really get in Bangkok (I'm told) called Papaya Pok Pok. See my previous blog entry about that.

I still miss beef hotdogs. Chicken dogs just aren't the same.

I saw the movie Click and Twinkies and Ring Dings had good product placement which made me hungry for them but you can't buy them here! In fact ... Malays don't seem fond of soft cream-filled cakes although you can get Swiss roles.

I was in Kuala Lumpur recently and a new Dunkin Donuts had opened in the bus terminal. I have not had my favorite glazed donuts since I got here and once again I was disappointed. Not only did they not have glazed donuts but they also didn't have milk or coffee.

I informed them that the reason it’s called "Dunkin" donuts is because you can dunk your donuts in your coffee. I said it was sacrilegious to not server coffee at a Dunkin Donuts. They had no idea what I was talking about.

So I bought a Boston Crème but felt like that guy in the "Got Milk" commercial who gets hit by a truck and thinks he's in heaven when he learns he surrounded by delicious cookies but then realizes the milk contains in the fridge are all empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home