Monday, July 10, 2006

digital camera! finally!!

I don't have pics yet but they are coming. I keep writing "blog worthy" stories in email and it's a pain to re-write them for the blog so what I'm going to do is just start copy/pasting my emails to my blog to save time. Here's an email I just wrote. I deleted all of the non-blog worthy stuff.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Coston
Date: Jul 10, 2006 9:28 PM
To: James Lee

We just bought a digital camera ... Kelly's first digital camera. She's so happy. We even got a printer that prints real prints on real photo paper. She's real happy and so am I. Expect far more pics from me and far better pics.

I plan to sit in front of their house and take pics of people on motorbikes as they ride by. You will not believe what you see! Children 1 or 2 years old standing in the basket on the front of the
motorbike with no helmet and nobody holding them. One quick stop and they're gone! There's a helmet law and yet more than half the people around here don't wear helmets. And if they do, I often see them holding it and trying to put it on while they're riding.

Then they don't bother strapping it on so when they fall, it's just going to fly off their head right before their head impacts the pavement. It's basically useless. I also see children as young as 12 years old riding motorbikes but more often they are 14, 15 and 16 but still not legal. We are right next to a police station so I don't understand but I almost never see any police.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, digital cameras are cool! Bill Gates probably has lots of them. Digital SLRs are really cool too. But I hear if you use the highest setting they use up alot of disk space. :-)

Mon Jul 17, 06:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

So it's been 2 weeks since this blog entry. Where are the heaps of cool pictures you've been clamoring about?

Tue Jul 25, 08:32:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home