Friday, August 25, 2006

No Rice for 30 days!

I asked a 10 year old boy "can you go 30 days without rice?" and he replied "No, I would die!"

At dinner tonight I refused rice and everyone had a fit. They said "you cannot eat food without rice!" My wife tried pushing rice onto my plate but I refused. I ate my dinner without rice and apparently I offended everyone. Later they said they made rice for me and it would go to waste. So I replied that I would it eat it plain. They yelled "You cannot eat rice plain!" and I replied "Watch me" and I did.

Then I said "Stop making rice for me. I no longer want rice." They could not understand what I was saying. My words were not making sense. How is possible someone does not want rice??!!

I said "For 30 days I will eat no rice". The boy said "But you will die!"

Let's find out what happens when you live with a Chinese family who eats rice at every meal and you refuse to eat rice. Let the experiment begin!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me but I tend to get constipation if I eat steak all the time. Could be something like the beer thing, how Caucasians can drink lots of beer without getting drunk.

Mon Aug 28, 01:11:00 AM 2006  
Blogger weasle said...

I'm convinced that you need help, lol!

Just try to go with out eating anything made with wheat or corn in this country, you'd probably get the same reaction that the boy gave you.

Wed Sep 20, 06:50:00 AM 2006  
Blogger weasle said...

You would get the same reaction in the states if you were to say that you were going to go without wheat or corn for 30 days. Probably just like the boy said. Amazing how different cultures react to something like that.

Wed Sep 20, 07:19:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Jack said...

Interesting reaction from your family! Haha
Coming from a chinese family I've stopped eating rice since 3 months ago and still healthy and well!
Can't imagine what would my parents react if they find out I didn't eat rice for so long!

Thu Mar 27, 07:35:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home