Thursday, July 26, 2007

Logo Piracy

Malaysia not only pirates movies, music and software but they also pirate logos.



I rode my bicycle to the mall recently and I passed this billboard and at first glance, I thought it said Panasonic but then I realized it says Pensonic.



Compare the Pensonic logo to the Panasonic logo.









As I'm walking thru the mall, I saw a Starbucks but at second glance, I realized they had simply copied the font.




About 20 minutes later I spotted Starbucks again, but I was fooled yet a second time by this café with a similar logo. That round sign totally reminded me of Starbucks.




About 10 stores later I came across the real Starbucks.




I went into a convenience store and picked up a pack of Oreos.




Upon reaching the register, I realized that I had grabbed a package of Cream-O's. The store didn't have the "real thing" so I bought these, but they were horrible.
A cheap knock-off. Low budget imitation. They looked nearly identical though in packaging, logo and cookie.




As of July 22, I have been in Malaysia for 2 years and I have never seen Twinkies.





But I often see Twiggies, yet another cheap imitation Twinkie which appears very similar in packaging, shape, color of cake but it tastes nothing like it. Just awful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

may i know the exact location for the pensonic's billboard? Thanks in advanced

Mon Mar 18, 02:50:00 AM 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home