Thursday, January 04, 2007

TV on DVD

I give up trying to watch TV around here. The family I'm living with refuses to buy a DVR and I refuse to stay up late just to watch my shows. I've never seen a family that needs a DVR more than this family. The TV is going nearly 24/7 and people have to miss parts of their shows to let other people watch. Last night Kelly and I are watching Amazing Race Asia and half way thru Kelly's sister changes and watches her program. What the hell!? I hate just watching part of a show. I want to see a show from beginning to end with no interruptions.

I don't know the rules but it seems even though Kelly is older, her younger sister's seems to have a higher priority when it comes to what gets watched on TV. I would make a big deal out of it except that I'm just a visitor here so I've gotta stay polite.

So now I will just buy my shows on DVD and watch on my PC. I'm quite excited because this means no commercials, no having to wait when your show suddenly ends and says "continued next time", no having to wait on cliff-hangers, and so on.

But it's a lot to buy since I'll want every season of most of my shows. These are the shows I'm currently interested. CSI, for example, is up to season 6! I've searched Amazon.com and these shows are there but I can probably get them a lot cheaper used on eBay. I'll have to first search eBay in Malaysia to save time and money on shipping.

CSI
CSI:Miami
CSI:NY
Heroes - not available yet
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
House
Survivor - only the seasons I've missed
Battlestar Galactica
Ghost in the Shell (made for TV)
Gilmore Girls - a guilty pleasure that my niece introduced me to
Grounded For Life
Scrubs
Star Trek: Enterprise
That 70's Show
The Tic
Northern Exposure
Sex in the City

Once I do move to the US and buy a DVR I'm getting one that will allow me to expand my hard-drive space so I can archive my shows. I want to record in the highest quality so I'm going to need plenty of hard-drive space for thousands of episodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home